In order to keep order to this day and make it a success, please abide by the following guidelines:
1. If you are not a competitive runner, please start at the back portion of the pack of runners, and off to the right side, not in the actual pack.
2. If your dog has never been involved in running a 5k with you before, please use this as a learning experience. Please start in the back portion of the pack of runners and off to the side.
3. ALL RUNNERS WITH DOGS, PLEASE KEEP TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD AT ALL TIMES.
4. All registered dogs will receive a poopy bag. Please carry it with you during the race, and if your pup needs to stop to "use the facilities," please use the bag and leave it on the side of the race course in the grass, far enough out of the way but visible from the road if possible. Volunteers will come by after the race to pick up and dispose of all bags.
5. If, and only if, you are a competitive runner who runs 5k’s regularly with your dog, start at your appropriate part of the pack (fastest runners in front), but still off to the side and maintain the right side when there are no other runners in the area.
6. Please use a regular leash (preferably 4 feet). If you only have a retractable leash, please lock it at 4’ for the duration of the race.
PLEASE DO NOT:
1. Put your race number on your dog.
2. Stand inside the pack of runners waiting to start with the human only runners.
These guidelines are in place to maximize happy runners, happy neighbors, and a long future of dog-friendly racing at the Working Dog Winery.